New Regulator Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishinghawk

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a new Genesis GS2000 , Genesis Sidekick and Genesis Gauges. I'm currently waiting for them to arrive. I was wondering how hard it will be to connect the LP Sidekick to the 1st stage and the HP gauges or should I just take it to my local dive shop to have it done. I have never attempted to connect anything to my 1st stage before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Very easy. Tighten two hairs past hand tight. Don't use gorilla force.

Thanks for the help!

Chances are the first stage only has one high pressure post, which will likely be labeled "HP" and will be a slightly larger thread size than the low pressure ports. Remove the plug with an allen wrench and thread the gauge in. Take care not to cross thread. The primary first stage will likely be installed. If not, take a look at how the reg will mount to an air tank and then pick which low pressure port you will want to route from. For both primary second and octo, remove the correct one or two plugs and install the hose fittings. As previously mentioned, don't over tighten. These fittings should have o rings installed and those are what prevent leaks, not over tightening. Some also like to apply a little silicon grease to the o rings, if you do, only use a minute amount- enough to make the o ring look wet and shiney only. You question implies you mail ordered the set. If you do take to a LDS they might charge you for a very simple assembly process.

Also, the first stage *may* have one of the LP ports marked "pri" or some such language to indicate it is the best flowing port. If so use that one for the primary 2nd stage. Otherwise just use what is most convenient.

My only question would be, did you buy these regs online??

If so, your LDS may be "less than willing" to set them up for you, or may want to charge you a "service charge" to do it...

Just a thought,

Scott

Good idea. Look at the regs in the dive shop. waste the employes time asking him questions. buy it on line from a bunch :censored: in the city. then take it to a dive shop and ask them to put it together. Now I know why the dive shop i go to throughs people like you out. But you will go there for a 4 dollar air fill. Because why? you cant get it from them. Why don't you let their so call service department put it together? The reason they don't put it together is so thet if something hapens to that grey market reg they can pawn it of on the person who put it together.

Just my opinion.
Which is the only one that matters.

scubatech:
buy it on line from a bunch :censored: in the city
Now was that really necessary? I don't think there is anyplace on this board where that kind of statement is appropriate, ever.

scubatech:
buy it on line from a bunch :censored: in the city. then take it

I agree with the gists of your posts but was that really necessary.What does their religious or ethnic background have to do with anything?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom