Apeks regs with Aqualung octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly N Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
After picking my regs (atx200 and aqualung low profile octo) i was given a AquaLung service bulletin about using the LPO and apeks regs just a warning. the bulletin said that because apeks regs are Over-balanced there is chance that the octo can start to free flow at depth with no warning . the bulletin said to accend a little and the free flow should stop. Aqualung suggests getting a different octo to fix the problem. just bringing this to everyones attention

Already been discussed in a previous forum but thatnks anyhow. It is a good reminder for the guys who like to bend the rules...

Thanks agian:)

didnt see it, srry

u have a link or remember about when it was discussed and where?

I know that it was in the reg forum, do a search on the word balanced and look for something about overbalanced second stages and non-balanced first stages.

Fly N Dive:
After picking my regs (atx200 and aqualung low profile octo) i was given a AquaLung service bulletin about using the LPO and apeks regs just a warning. the bulletin said that because apeks regs are Over-balanced there is chance that the octo can start to free flow at depth with no warning . the bulletin said to accend a little and the free flow should stop. Aqualung suggests getting a different octo to fix the problem. just bringing this to everyones attention

Thanks I almost made that mistake until another diveshop told me that I really didn't want to put an AL LPO on an Apeks setup. Then I found out the the LPO was really not a quality item.

no its not i'm switching it out soon

I guess you could say the convenience and size come at a price. Functionality. If you are still interested in something of the same design that performs a little better, you may want to look at the LPO/ABS's balanced cousin, the Apeks Egress

Back
Top Bottom