US Divers Conshelf SE2 versus Conshelf XIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cloud9

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for an inexpensive, but reliable reg for my pony bottle. I know the conshelf XIV is an old classic favorite, but the SE2 is also highly regarded as a simple reliable workhorse and also a newer design. But, brand new price of a XIV is way more than an SE2. So, picking up a used unit on eBay for approx $100, which would be the better reg to get ? I'm guessing the conshelf XIV, but it would likely be much older than an equally priced SE2.

They are nearly the same regs. They use the same parts except the inlet filter and retaining ring. The SE2 just has smaller ports (3/8) and more of them, where as the original conshelf had only 3. Some versions have a removable crown too. Either way its is all the same. Take your pick. Performance is also simlar. Suggest reading the thread conshelf fans welcome.

I dive with a Conshelf SE3, and have a Conshelf XII as backup. I think they are great regulators and an excellent choice for almost any purpose.

Good luck with your choice.

rescuediver009:
Suggest reading the thread conshelf fans welcome.
Thanks 009 ... I have read that thread more than once. For some reason, I thought the SE2 was a little easier breathing than the XIV.

cloud9:
Thanks 009 ... I have read that thread more than once. For some reason, I thought the SE2 was a little easier breathing than the XIV.

No, from what I am aware they are the same thing only differing in the crown and number of ports. No performance difference.

I picked up a used Conshelf XIV off ebay for my pony - paid 53.00 for it and it was in great shape except the mouthpiece was a little stiff. There's one on ebay now starting at 9.95.

montyb

I think that Zeagle systems in Zephirhills Fl has apeks regulators.
rescuediver009:
They are nearly the same regs. They use the same parts except the inlet filter and retaining ring. The SE2 just has smaller ports (3/8) and more of them, where as the original conshelf had only 3. Some versions have a removable crown too. Either way its is all the same. Take your pick. Performance is also simlar. Suggest reading the thread conshelf fans welcome.

Back
Top Bottom