SP Air 2 to Triple-L BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,

Is it possible to fit SP Air 2 to Triple-L BCD? I searched out the thread about Air 2, but I can't see anyone who actually did.

Please let me know if you have any experience.

Thanks in advance,

hoosier.

P.S. Please no debate about Air 2 in itself.

DA Aquamaster and RescueDiver009 seem to know a lot about AIR2's. Maybe they'll come to your aid. Have you contacted Triple-L's technical support?

These Triple-L BCD's sure are getting popular... according to ScubaPro's website, an AIR2 will mate to any BCD, either by simple swapping out or via an adapter.

hoosier:
Hey,

Is it possible to fit SP Air 2 to Triple-L BCD? I searched out the thread about Air 2, but I can't see anyone who actually did.

Please let me know if you have any experience.

Thanks in advance,

hoosier.

P.S. Please no debate about Air 2 in itself.
try a Atomic air2 doodad it has the adapters the scubapro as far as I know does not have adapters

scubadoguk:
try a Atomic air2 doodad it has the adapters the scubapro as far as I know does not have adapters

Are these adapters that people talk about actually for the BCD connection, or are these the LPI hose adapters that adapt that oddball SP connector to standard LPI QDs?

dewhite:
Are these adapters that people talk about actually for the BCD connection, or are these the LPI hose adapters that adapt that oddball SP connector to standard LPI QDs?
The adaptors are for the larger hose from the shoulder on the bcd not the inflator unit, the hose on a cressi sub 114 is skinny so a scubapro fitting would not be a good match.
The air hose on the scubapro and the atomic is wide because the air to has a large diamiter lp hose to flow a more air to the unit and the standard lp does not have to flow as much air to the inflator.

The SP adapters were recalled... they found out they could break... So I'd agree - go with an Atomic, as it comes with 3 different sizes you can adapt to - it will fit anything.

scubatoys:
The SP adapters were recalled... they found out they could break....

Could you elaborate on that? Was it a consistent pattern of failure? Geez, I wonder if grey marketeers like LeisurePro listen to recall notices. They're one of the few places I know of that even stock adapters.

archman:
Could you elaborate on that? Was it a consistent pattern of failure? Geez, I wonder if grey marketeers like LeisurePro listen to recall notices. They're one of the few places I know of that even stock adapters.
I have been fitting air 2 and atomics for a number of years and have never seen one but that means nothing :11:
I doubt that the grey market would know the recalls usually go first to stores then to the public I would guess.

Yea, on the new Air 2, they had a little adapter, kinda a rubbery - plastic thing... that would adapt from the larger - standard size hose, down to the smaller ones like the dacor, mares, and others. They did that so you could use the Air 2 on non standard size hoses. Turns out one of the things cracked... and of course if it does, all the air comes out of the BC. They figured that's a bad thing, so they took them all back. We were supposed to ship back all in stock, and they were going to contact any customers that sent in warranty info...

So it turns out the problem was not the Air 2 itself... just the adapter. The Atomic uses a totally different adapter system - that one works great. I like the Atomic better anyway. If you want to buy the Scubapro, you may as well by the Tusa. Same unit, lower price, and you can buy it without voiding the warranty, and Tusa has lifetime parts warranty. But if you need the smaller size - then definately the Atomic.

That TUSA model looks like a virtual clone of the AIR2. I wonder if anything is different other than the name stamped on it. ScubaPro must be pissed to be ripped off so blatantly, unless they've brokered an agreement with TUSA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom