Conshelf 14 first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppd1107

Reaction score
I just took my old (new to me) first stage in to be serviced. The local dealer told me that there are some parts on these old regs that can't be replaced. Is this true or am I being set up for the big sell in a few weeks when he calls?

ppd1107:
I just took my old (new to me) first stage in to be serviced. The local dealer told me that there are some parts on these old regs that can't be replaced. Is this true or am I being set up for the big sell in a few weeks when he calls?

Hard to believe some parts can't be replaced since USD still makes the Conshelf 14... just show him an Aqualung catalog if he's bs-ing you.

Aqualung still stocks Conshelf annual service kits and Conshelf 12 and 14 first stages are in truth very similar to a current Aqualung first stage, at least as far as the critical annual service parts go. The second stage parts are also very common and generic so I would not have any concerns about getting a conshelf 12 or 14 serviced for the forseeable future. Now, if you break one of the major parts like the first stage body, etc, parts may be hard to find, but that almost never happens unless you use it for a hammer or something.

I rebuilt my Conshelf XIV a year ago and found new diaphragms, etc. I think the HP Seat is pretty much the same today as then - just improved materials on the seat itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom