MARES Abyss 2004 VS Abyss 2005 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RUFUST

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone dove them both? If so how do they compare? I was curious if they kept all the good stuff or (tried)to make it better.From past experiance with other products sometimes the engineers better ideas don't always work.

RUFUST:
Has anyone dove them both? If so how do they compare? I was curious if they kept all the good stuff or (tried)to make it better.From past experiance with other products sometimes the engineers better ideas don't always work.

They basically just added some plastic to the second stage face plate to make it look more modern... From what I was told... really no other difference than cosmetic.

Just as there were no changes besides the optics of the second stage in the design of the 2nd generation Abyss (2000) Vs. the first generation, I don't think there are any new things now, beside as Larry said in the optics.
BTW, I love my Abyss (2000) but the new one is one ugly piece of gear.

aquaoren:
..... I love my Abyss (2000) but the new one is one ugly piece of gear.

My thoughts exactly. Looks like Larry as a few 2000s in stock, and for sale even. Better grab one before it's too late. I just got one from him last month.

V

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom