Cold Atomics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife has fallen in love with the Atomic SSI inflator/second. It's the feel of the inflator that really has her hooked. With it comes the integrated second and for the sake of service Atomic on the primary side would be the obvious choice for service and optimum compatiability. The budget would suggest the Z1 model.

The Z1 is not a cold water unit out of the box but does have an enviornmental kit option. Has anyone used these as cold water regulators? We'll surely be well down into the 40sF and 30s are likely at some point.

Thanks,
Pete

I'm really not sure I understand your question - are you asking if the SS1 is cold water friendly, or is the Z1?

I have an SS1 that has been in water 38F several times and have had no issues with it. I always check it to be sure it breathes well and of course the inflator gets used everytime.

I can't comment on the Z1.

My wife and I just recently bought a pair of Z-1's from PG Dive in Newton, MA. Even though we have not had them in cold water yet the shop uses the Z-1 w/ Z-1 octo as rental gear. If there were problems with them in cold water I'm sure these guys wouldn't use them for rentals.

616fun:
I'm really not sure I understand your question - are you asking if the SS1 is cold water friendly, or is the Z1?

I have an SS1 that has been in water 38F several times and have had no issues with it. I always check it to be sure it breathes well and of course the inflator gets used everytime.

I can't comment on the Z1.

I'm, inquiring about both.

Pete

Dragon2115:
If there were problems with them in cold water I'm sure these guys (LDS) wouldn't use them for rentals.

Now there is a scary train of thought. :11:

Back
Top Bottom