Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Replacement kit for broken BCD inflator hose

MSDT

Looking for the next dive trip

In the goshdarn foothills of the Blue Ridge in North Georgia, with a home on a deep mudhole lake.
    Dives
    1,000 - 2,499

Replacement kit for broken BCD inflator hose

I have been looking for a product to replace the inflator hose connection on my BC after a friend picked the weighted BC up by the hose and snapped the hose off at the fastener valve, breaking the twist connector. I have seen other inquiries on this forum looking for help in repairing the same sort of problem, so it may affect a few folks. Of course, no one would be foolish enough to break their own inflator (right?)...

Anyway, after long searching, I found a product that looks like it might just do the trick. There is a company based in Singapore that manufactures a repair kit (with video instructions) and they are quite good on the customer service end too. So if you have a problem with your inflator hose, take a look at scuba-fix (SCUBA-FIX) or send an e-mail to Enquiry@scuba-fix.com. Ivan will respond very quickly.

Best regards...

NA

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    I can't figure out which Jim Carrey movie you're talking about.
    He was in one with Maura Tierney and the other with Jeff Daniels.
    Joe Bailey likes this.

Rest in Peace

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    I don't think I would do a repair on a hose. Why not just replace it? If your patched hose cuts loose at depth, it will empty the tank pretty quickly. In my opinion this is not a DIY item. This is a less than $20 item, why take a chance.

MSDT

Looking for the next dive trip

In the goshdarn foothills of the Blue Ridge in North Georgia, with a home on a deep mudhole lake.
    Dives
    1,000 - 2,499

Can't just replace the hose

Hello Herb,

Wish it were that simple. It isn't the hose that is broken. It is the attaching ring that is permanently installed within the BC and which provides the base into which the inflator hose screws on. A hose would be easy.

No, if the connector gave out, you would not lose all of your air, just the air in the BC that makes it out through the break. It isn't a case of runaway air because your inflator hose is off unless you press the "blow me up" button. You can always invert and make a lift bag out of your BC.

No one seems to offer a commercial repair service for this problem. I think it is a form of punishment for being dumb enough to bust a connector. Unfortunately, the person who busted mine won't pay the consequences. $80 for a kit or $400 for a new BC.... Hmmm. Hard choice. But you can be sure I will test it well before I rely on it for life support.

Thanks for the come back.

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    This may provide you a more affordable option: EXP Wings by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express

At the bottom of the page is BCD parts including the connector you need to replace. The problem is the size on these things is not one size fits all. Dive Rite and many of the smaller mfgrs use a common size but larger mfgrs tend to use proprietary designs. But if the hole is the same size (or smaller and can be cut) this option may work well and give you more alternatives and a lower price tag.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Recomended revenge:
    1- Take your friend and put him a belt with a lot of weights
    2- Lay him in floor
    2- Strong pull SOME ANATOMIC PART OF HIM like he did with your hose...

hehe...

Serious now: wich material hose ends (rubber, plastic) and which material the inner blade of the BC? Its just de-glued or broken?

Defender!

's status: Under the
    totem pole.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by awap View Post
    This may provide you a more affordable option: EXP Wings by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express

At the bottom of the page is BCD parts including the connector you need to replace. The problem is the size on these things is not one size fits all. Dive Rite and many of the smaller mfgrs use a common size but larger mfgrs tend to use proprietary designs. But if the hole is the same size (or smaller and can be cut) this option may work well and give you more alternatives and a lower price tag.
    ...and here:
    Backplate and Wings - Wings/BC Parts - Corrugated Hoses - Elbows - Quick Dumps - Northeast Scuba Supply
    Thank you to all who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

New User

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Hi mobyrne,
    Do you have an update on your experiences with this repair kit from Singapore? I have the same problem with my BCD and it seems a shame to trash it for the sake of a little bit of plastic.

NA

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    Do you realise that stuff is 95 bucks.

Post some photos.

Give Dive Dive Dive a call.

New User

Has not set a "status"

Did you get your bc fixed how'd you do it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast