Salvo 10w torque specifications.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_turkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Scored a Salvo 10w that is in less than functioning order. I've narrowed the problem down to either the switch, ballast, or the positive wire inside the cord.

In order to isolate those components I'll need to dismantle the cap assemblies.

The question:
Does anyone know if there are specific torque settings/tolerances on the interior side of the cap?

Send Cory at Light Monkey an email, they'll help you out.

Nice. Just received similar (read: exact same) from a friend of mine. Guess that'll be my next step!

I'd be interested to hear what you find out. I replaced the switch in my salvo and used the "this feels about right" torque setting. 20 or so dives on it and it still works.

That's pretty much what I ended up doing. Once I got it apart I was able to isolate the ballast, which seems to be where the fault lies. Now I'm not really sure what to do with it.

That's pretty much what I ended up doing. Once I got it apart I was able to isolate the ballast, which seems to be where the fault lies. Now I'm not really sure what to do with it.

Seriously, call Corey. I bought an pretty old 21W Salvo light off fleaBay, which worked OK for about half a year before a nick in the cord flooded the lid. Called LM, who had me send the whole thing to them for service. For $75 they tore the whole thing apart and rebuilt it, replacing not only the damaged switch in the lid but all the other seals/boot/etc. I later wound up buying a new battery from them, and when the light still had issues they had me send it back again…they wound up replacing the ballast, gratis​.

I've been talking to Cory via email. My next step is to send the whole thing back to them. I'm just having fun learning about my equipment really.

Back
Top Bottom