Scubapro S360/S560/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tbar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

As background, I have 10 Scubapro s600 regs with service kits and tools and service these myself. They have all been purchased second hand over some time.

I need two more second stages... I would prefer s600 but there are not easy to find at a low cost :(

I am considering buying new s360 occys or s560 I expect their performance to be similar to the s600 for normal recreational diving. But I will only buy the s360 or s560 if they take the same parts as the s600, particularly same o-rings and poppet seat and the servicing is very similar. I also have kits to convert old s600 balance chamber or upgrade s555 to user adjustable balance chamber - I would hope these could work with the s360.

Can anyone give some guidance on the level of consistency or compatibility there is between the s360, s560, and s600.

Thanks

quite different. you just got to look at the parts diagram to see the difference.

that said, the s360 (and the like) are simple regs.

quite different. you just got to look at the parts diagram to see the difference.

that said, the s360 (and the like) are simple regs.

When I think of "simple regs", I think of classic downstream designs. From what I read, all three of these are balanced barrel poppet designs. That means they almost surely use the same LP seat ( which is now common to most balanced barrel poppet 2nd). Have you got a link to the schematics. Scubapro tends to maximize the use of a successful design. So, I suspect the S-wing poppet is also common. Do you have a link to the schematics for these new regs.

Thanks for the responses.

When I think of "simple regs", I think of classic downstream designs. From what I read, all three of these are balanced barrel poppet designs. That means they almost surely use the same LP seat ( which is now common to most balanced barrel poppet 2nd). Have you got a link to the schematics. Scubapro tends to maximize the use of a successful design. So, I suspect the S-wing poppet is also common. Do you have a link to the schematics for these new regs.

That was my thinking. And I know that the s555 is very similar to the s600, and shares the maintenance kit. I was thinking that the s560 is the next iteration of the s555... could be wrong.

I have the schematics for the s600 variants. I do not have schematics for s360 or s560, I would be keen to see these.

Thanks for the responses.

That was my thinking. And I know that the s555 is very similar to the s600, and shares the maintenance kit. I was thinking that the s560 is the next iteration of the s555... could be wrong.

I have the schematics for the s600 variants. I do not have schematics for s360 or s560, I would be keen to see these.

I would expect that the biggest differences are metal vs plastic in the orifice and the barrel. O-rings are probably better obtained from after-market sources anyway. So all you really need is the LP seat. I'd bet the mushroom style LP seat from trident would work just fine at a lot less cost.

I have made-up 50 service kits using aftermarket o-rings and trident mushroom style LP seats. This very much the most cost effective and easiest way to go.

My s600s are all plastic barrels some use the older balance chamber.

Getting the schematics for s360 or s560 would be great. Otherwise I might buy one and see for myself :wink:

I was mistaken. I thought the s360 was like an r190 internally, its not.

Seems SP comes out with a "new" reg every other week. Can't keep up!

I was mistaken. I thought the s360 was like an r190 internally, its not.

Seems SP comes out with a "new" reg every other week. Can't keep up!

Same reg. Just new numbers and new fascad.

wait the s360 is the same as an an r190 internally?

I checked SP's website, and the s360 is listed as a balanced reg. R190 is not a balanced reg.

My understanding is:

s360 - balanced but not user adjustable, comes in primary and occy (yellow) versions
s560 - balanced and is user adjustable

r190 - not balanced

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom