US Divers BCD Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadawg33

New
Reaction score
Hi All. I am not much of a diver. I dive to maintain my sailboat. When I bring her to warmer waters I will enjoy more diving. Not sure if I actually save money doing it but I enjoy it. In order to save $$$ and break even on my equipment I would like to learn to service my own gear. I have started with my BCD. It is a US Divers Costeau. Have no idea if this is a good BCD or not. It was caked with salt so I took it apart and measured the "O" rings and am ordering new ones from a website that sells small volume O rings. The BCD has a Remote Exhaust valve https://www.divegearexpress.com/bcs/bcdparts.shtml as shown on the link here part # DR-BC2750-12 . I am thinking of removing this part and just putting in a solid elbow. What are the pros and cons of doing this?

Does the BC hold air?
For what you are using it for I would start there. The remote exhaust valve that you already have is sorta of a plus as you can pull the inflator to dump air...rather than having to elevate the the end of the inflator to vent.
Lately I have been spending too much time under mine...prop swap then pulling the rudder to rebuild.
I would add that I would recommend a helmet of some kind. Even in a no wake zone, there are still rogue as!&&&es. I use a linesman/climber helmet that I mounted a light to.

Sent from my iPhone from my momma's basement

Back
Top Bottom