Help in Repairing GMC Flowbench??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mon8456

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased a GMC flowbench from a local dive shop that went out of business due to the owners death.

Short version of the story is that the owners son tried to "repair" the flowbench so he could sell it in working condition. What I ended up with was a half assembled wooden case and a box of parts!!

I got a parts manual form GMC, but with their current reconfiguration its hard to get parts or help in getting this thing reassembled.

If anyone out there has a GMC flowbench could you get me a few pics of the air flow tubing. I have a vacuum motor, and some pvc fittings, but I must be missing what connects them to the NPT fittings on the flowmeter. Also the plastic bulkhead fitting that the small rubber cup adapters connect to seems to be cracked. Any help, info, pics on how this is supposed to be would be helpful also. The rubber cup just slides off when the weight of the regulator is left, because of the cracked and missing section.

Another concern I have is calibration, is there going to be a way I can verify the machines accuracy after I get it back together?

Thank You ahead of time.

I can get you the pics, but you have to wait until I'm back on the island in my workshop on the 6th of January next year.

You on the other hand could help me out with the parts list which I never received.

A PM might be a good idea.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom