Adding a "quick disconnect" hose to an old Poesidon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yonk

New
Reaction score
Greetings!

My spouse and I recently got trained for and bought drysuits. We now pretty much split our diving between cold and warm water so I'd like to implement a solution where the drysuit hose can be quick disconnected on BOTH ends.

Our regulators are older model Poseidon, so the 1st stage LP fitting is 1/8" gas. It's a fine thread and uses a crushable plastic washer rather than O-ring. In other words a finite number of R&Rs as compared to new 3/8" UNF fittings. OMS makes a fitting that creates the female quick disconnect end for the 1st stage:
http://www.omsdive.com/hoses.html
But I've not seen an adapter to convert the male 3/8" UNF to quick disconnect for the other end of the drysuit hose.
I *could* just cut that end and install a fitting directly on the hose but I'd rather use an adapter in case I need to use a different reg for some reason.

thanks!

Frank
Apex, NC

Would a 1/8" NPT -> 3/8" UNF adapter fitting on the first stage, with a regular quick disconnect hose screwed into that, work?

What you are looking for is a 1/8" BSP male to 3/8" UNF adapter. I got mine directly from Poseidon several years ago, but many dive shops have them in stock if they have been selling Poseidon regulators for a while. If you can't find one, contact my friend John ... the "Poseidon Guru" in Florida. I am sure that he can help you out. Oh, his address is john@scubadelray.com

Just my $.02

Ray Contreras
========================
http://www.ossystems.com

Hi everyone,

My Bridge II dive computer kept displaying ALT Err. So I call Dive Rite and got an answer that the pressure sensor was toasted and could not be fixed. So I took it apart and found pressure sensor got 2 holes in the diaphram.

Would anybody know where can I get the replacement pressure sensor? Or how can I repair it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wat

Back
Top Bottom