Sewing a zipper in a wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricDive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My son's wetsuit is really tight in the ankles and wrists, last year he used plastic bags to help slide it on and it works pretty well but is still a pain in the butt! Has anyone ever sewed zippers into a wetsuit? Mine has zippers at the ankles and thought it might not be too hard to add them to his. Looking for someone with experiance sewing neoprene.

Eric

You might try a shoe repair shop. I've found that anything that I can't sew they can. It is usually pretty reasonable as far as price goes as well.

E.B.

PM Liquid Fit. She can do it. She has several of my suits now adding zippers to the arms & legs. Fair price & pleasant to deal with. Here is her other contact info.

James

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
800-785-8362 wetsuits@liquidfit

Whitelightnin:
PM Liquid Fit. She can do it. ....

Unfortunately she is in Florida and I am in Canada. I am hoping someone on here has done this themselves and can give me a tip or two.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Eric

Don't forget that if you add zippers you will also need to add internal flaps of neoprene to keep water circulation down as the zippers will let water pass.
A tight wetsuit generally is a good thing unless it restricts your circulation. There is no way I can get mine on without using plastic bags. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom