Heated Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SOCOM2025

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone I have developed a new heated dive suit that will allow divers to dive in extreme cold water -30 to below normal diving conditions. This suit uses new heating elements solution and can be controled by the diver VIA a computor to monitor the dive suit temperature and water temperature. how much would you pay to enjoy your diving adventures in mild cold water or even arctic waters let me know what you think

If you're looking for someone to beta test your gear then you are welcome to contact me. In the winters the average water temperature here is about 2C and dives to the freezing point or even slightly below are not uncommon. Any improvement over freezing your patoosh off is welcome.

The existing systems I've seen either work with electricity and are subject to short circuits (or even catching fire!!!!) or chemical hot packs, some of which work in such a way that the deeper you go, the hotter they get.... Neither is ideal. Argon in these temperatures is also just a bandaid on a bleeding wound.

If you've found something else that solves these problems and provides for convenient use and less risk of skin burns then I'm sure you'll have a market. The ideal system is reliable enough that you would risk a signficant foryay into deco in very cold water...

R..

Thank you for your feed back and you are right any thing that helps you dive more smarter and keeps your mind on the dive and not the water temperature that makes a world of a diffences and I will keep you in mind when we launch the suit in the eurpe market and once again thank you for your feed back on my product idea

I think I would pay somewhere around the price of what a new set of woolies cost. As long as the device worked well I believe you could retail at somewhere in the 150 to 300 price range. If it cost more than that I would probably just go out and get an extra set of woolies add a few pounds.

I think the logistics of setting up a system like that would create a lot of extra work for the diver, for instance.

Would you have to cut a hole in your suit to run the wiring to the computer? Can this be done by the end user?

What would be protocol for a suit flood?

What if you are diving in warmer water in the suit can you just disconnect everything easily and dive without it or will you just have to leave the heater in but without any heat on?

If you have a reliable system that keeps you warm, I think you would have a winner.

Are the heating elements actually built into the drysuit or is it a separate undergarment? What happens if the suit is torn or flooded?

They already have heated drysuits its called a submarine...lol...Only kidding, I personally like to dive wet but I do wish you good luck marketing your product. Lots of folks do dive dry so you may have a winner

How about a heated wetsuit? That would be a neat trick. You could sell 'em by the tens of thousands.

thank you for your feed back and the suit is a new concept which allows the diver full control complete diver loop which means you tell the suit to heat 2 second burst or 10 min burst of heat and if you where in warm waters you can download the software that uses a usb port to connect to your lap top then just download the dive location in to the suits computer and the suit will adjust to the dive area and if you plan your dive as you would any dive the suit will give you that extra comfort if needed.you can adjust the heat for depth control heating in any given time frame of the dive has you know the further we go the colder it gets and it is important to know that the body gets even a slite cross wind can make you shake just once and all I want is to enjoy my dive no matter what the water temperatures is,
Gillty:
I think I would pay somewhere around the price of what a new set of woolies cost. As long as the device worked well I believe you could retail at somewhere in the 150 to 300 price range. If it cost more than that I would probably just go out and get an extra set of woolies add a few pounds.

I think the logistics of setting up a system like that would create a lot of extra work for the diver, for instance.

Would you have to cut a hole in your suit to run the wiring to the computer? Can this be done by the end user?

What would be protocol for a suit flood?

What if you are diving in warmer water in the suit can you just disconnect everything easily and dive without it or will you just have to leave the heater in but without any heat on?

If you have a reliable system that keeps you warm, I think you would have a winner.

If there were a reliable and easily used drysuit heating system, I would buy one and it could cost a fair amount. If there were a heated drysuit available (given the same caveats), I would have fairly cheerfully paid another $500 over the cost of my recently acquired suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom