Results of diver survey and invitation to follow-up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Many of you participated in a diver survey I posted a link to back in December/January. The number of responses was hugely encouraging and my client was pleased with the results. They were a little surprised at some of the data (you are more active, more technical diving oriented, and spend more dough than they expected). I believe what you folks shared with them, is going to help with their project, which I will tell you about in a minute or so.
But first, a little about what you told them.

Five hundred and forty one of you completed the survey. This represents a pretty good cross-section of our community and lends some weight to the data.

More than sixty percent of respondents would be classified as avid divers logging 40 dives a year or more, with 18 percent “saying” they log 100 or more annually. No surprises then that almost 90 percent thought of themselves as experienced divers. Based on gear preferences, more than 42 percent fall into the category “technical divers.”
Eight out of ten travel to dive at least once every year where travel means a long car drive or flight. Of those folks, half told us they travel two or three times a year by plane to dive destinations.

Most of those who are “dive tourists” spend more than $3,000 a year on dive travel... 60 percent... of participants. Around a quarter of respondents (24.73 percent) spend $5-$10,000, and 16 percent spend more than $10,000 annually!

Almost half of you prefer to travel with your buddies rather than in a club or large group, your preferences lean toward local hotels rather than large national chains, and do not really get off on fast food, opting instead for family-style restaurants and pub food.

Telling for my clients was that 68 percent of you said that you would travel a considerable distance to dive on virgin wrecks... well, I’d like to ask you to take some time and complete a follow-up survey.

Essentially, my client is a group of people based in North Ontario who want to check out the feasibility of starting a wreck diving operation. The wrecks in that area that you may know are the Gunilda and Judge Hart but there are many
others even some a much shallower depths suitable for sport divers... most though are unexplored.
Anyhow, the second survey is here>>>

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ToS_Visits

Thanks for your time.

Done. You had no option for commercial diver so I checked sport diver on your survey.

Done. You had no option for commercial diver so I checked sport diver on your survey.

Thanks Rich. Fixed that and added one commercial diver entry manually into database.

Done!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom