Turquiose Lake August 16 or 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturday it is. We can meet at the lake. The Abe Lee fisherman's access is where I like to dive from. If we meet there about 10:30 we can get in a couple of dives.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Leadville&state=CO

The above link will take you to the Leadville, Co map. Click on the lake west of the city of Leadville. That's Turquoise. Zoom in to level 11. You will see Road 4 on the south side of the lake crossing the dam and proceeding to the northwest. That is the road you want to be on. After you cross the dam the first road to the right is the Abe Lee fishing access. I goes to the shore of the lake.

Last edited:
I'm in if you'll take a 3rd person.. does it take about 2.5 hours to get to the lake from Denver?

Last edited:
I'm in if you'll take a 3rd person.. does it take about 2.5 hours to get to the lake from Denver?
Actually you will make number 4. My wife and I will be in the Buena Vista area from Friday until Monday. Ryan will be driving up from Denver. Happy to have you aboard, the more the merrier.
About two hours from Denver.

I'm happy to drive from Denver if anyone wants to hitch a ride.

Hey guys,
Does anyone have an estimate on what the water temperatures will be like this time of year. If they would be bearable in a 7mm I might try to make it up.

Thanks,
John

Hey guys,
Does anyone have an estimate on what the water temperatures will be like this time of year. If they would be bearable in a 7mm I might try to make it up.

Thanks,
John

Someone else might have a better idea, but I would estimate mid-40's.

Hey guys,

Thanks,
John
According to Fishexplorer.com the surface temp is 65 as of the 27th.

But I hear the Thermo's are mean there

Back
Top Bottom