Out for the summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know there were several people who were making plans to dive with me in several locations this summer, and I frankly don't know how many there are. I am extremely sorry to announce (more sorry than you can imagine) that I will not be diving until late summer at the earliest. That includes pool instructional sessions. I had an unfortunate run in with a young man who was apparently trying to make the best possible time on a bike path. I will not be healed until late August at the earliest.

I hate it when life gets in the way of diving... Here's to a full recovery.

Sheesh! Those darn Boulder bicyclists. Oh wait, I'm one.

I'm thinking of mounting a pony bottle and a DiveAlert on my bike. Either that, or a paintball gun on the handlebars to nail rude drivers. Maybe walkers should have one to nail crazy cyclists? :->

Get better. Until then, the G&T offer is still open.

g2:
Sheesh! Those darn Boulder bicyclists. Oh wait, I'm one.

I'm thinking of mounting a pony bottle and a DiveAlert on my bike. Either that, or a paintball gun on the handlebars to nail rude drivers. Maybe walkers should have one to nail crazy cyclists? :->

Get better. Until then, the G&T offer is still open.

I was a cyclist as well. I was turning a blind curve in an underpass and suddenly he was in front of me. He was very apologetic, openly admitting to the police that he was on the wrong side of the path, but apologies don't mend broken bones.

When I recover I am seriously considering never going near that bike path again. I think it is much more dangerous than the open road.

g2:
I'm thinking of mounting a pony bottle and a DiveAlert on my bike.

I was a cyclist as well. I was turning a blind curve in an underpass and suddenly he was in front of me. He was very apologetic, openly admitting to the police that he was on the wrong side of the path, but apologies don't mend broken bones.

When I recover I am seriously considering never going near that bike path again. I think it is much more dangerous than the open road.

Somebody has had the scuba-tank-horn idea already: The Hornster bicycle has a horn that's louder than a Concorde - Images

Boulder is such a bike-friendly and progressive city--can you petition for mirrors at that curve so that cyclists can easily see oncoming traffic?

Yeah, it's been done long before. Mine's cheaper and doesn't result in hearing loss. But what I'm ultimately aiming to do is hook the pony tank to a pneumatic grinder, which will power the bike for an extra burst of speed.

If that works, I'll try to make a scuba-tank-powered DPV. Imagine an inexpensive DPV, powered by air, rather than shelling-out $3K for an X-scooter. (Range, power, and buoyancy compensation issues: TBD.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom