The Blue Hole, Santa Rosa, NM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyrfoster

Registered
Reaction score
I DM'd on another trip to the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM. A friend got a great picture of the hole and I wanted to post it here for anyone interested or planning on visiting.

I'm actually moving to Seattle soon, so I'm thilled about ocean diving, but the Blue Hole was really a lot of fun for me on the dozen or so trips I took there.

jeremyrfoster:
I DM'd on another trip to the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM. A friend got a great picture of the hole and I wanted to post it here for anyone interested or planning on visiting.

I'm actually moving to Seattle soon, so I'm thilled about ocean diving, but the Blue Hole was really a lot of fun for me on the dozen or so trips I took there.

Looks Great.. Thanks for the picture..

Aahh, there's no place like home! :eyebrow:

ABQ: I bet you've spent some time there!

I really enjoy it. I've done trips in the summer when it's 95 degrees on the surface and in the winter when it's 23 degrees... marked difference!

jeremyrfoster:
ABQ: I bet you've spent some time there!

I really enjoy it. I've done trips in the summer when it's 95 degrees on the surface and in the winter when it's 23 degrees... marked difference!
As a matter of fact! Was there Saturday, then off to Rock Lake for a couple of Sunday dives. Back again next weekend with another class. It's a reliable dive site (as you know) with fair to good visibility and consistent temps. Actually not bad for a "local spot". Although, if I had my choice, my local spot would be San Clemente Island instead.... :07:

Hey guys! I was there too. Saturday only. The new fish are pretty cool. The two "collections" are growing. What is up with the new grate? It looked like it would be easy to penetrate. I hope no one does.

Joe

scubajoe:
Hey guys! I was there too. Saturday only. The new fish are pretty cool. The two "collections" are growing. What is up with the new grate? It looked like it would be easy to penetrate. I hope no one does.

Joe
The State Police Divers replaced the grate last year. I haven't inspected it closely to see how it was attached but the goal was to keep divers out of the spring feed area and I'm pretty sure those guys didn't mess around with flimsly attachments. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom