Thursday 3rd August, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OPPS - THATS THE 3RD AUGUST, i didnt turn my calender over!

Hi Team!!

well i pulled off a huge one this week and totally blown away and grateful that i can envision a healthier and happy life for me and my family!

2.45kgs loss or 5.4lbs, meaning a total of 26.35kgs or 58.1lbs

for the first time i can see the difference and that spurred me on to be even better this week so fingers cross the mind and body will comply.

new thing learnt this week - as mash potatoes is OUT of my kitchen i actually steamed cauliflower (organic-love the flavours) and then blended it up to the consistancy of mash potatoes! Such a nice alternative to the standard veggies ive been making every day. i served as a side to hubbys peppers steak & gravy and he loved it and during the week i made sheppards pie and instead of topping it with pot mash i used the cauliflower - yum, making it again tonight. maybe one of you guys would like to give it a try and tell me what you thought of

so where is everyone??? tell us about your week and how youre going!!

cheers

Hi almitywife & other SB Fitness Aficinados,

That's GREAT almitywife, you must really be stoked. Also, thanks for the cauliflower tip, I'll pick some up next trip to the market and give your suggestion a try over the weekend.

As I mentioned in a previous post, 2 weeks ago the doc took me off my blood pressure meds :jump013: which included a diuretic. The one down side of this was that without the diuretic I gained 4.5 lbs (2.05kg) over the next week, so I went from 320lbs (145.5kg) to 324.5. I discussed this with the doc and he said it would take a while for my body to adjust to not taking the meds. So, besides continuing my healthy eating ways I hit the treadmill several nights this week, which I had planned to do anyway since my knee is to the point I can do the treadmill (although not last night as I had dinner with friends and then a conference call with the States).

The net result is that I have gotten back to 321.8 lbs (146.3kgs) which makes me happy :D since its still along way from 370 where I started. I would have liked to be back to 320, but 321.8 is acceptable and next week I expect to break 320.

Cheers,
Drew

Hi Drew,

Great news about the meds and the weight loss, mate, I'm pleased as can be for you.

I'll be back in the usual haunt in 3 weeks and will pass on your regards to the boys & girls there...

Edit - ignore my avatar, that's me :)

Hi Larry,

Actually when I saw the avatar I thought were using a picture of me. Then I realized he was too tall.

Thanks, back in early May I looked at myself and said "You are killing yourself" and changed my eating habits drastically. I've still got a long way to go, but I've come quite a ways already.

Enjoy PG, about the time you are there I'll be meeting Sam in Subic for a little fun on the wrecks.

Cheers,
Drew

I finally broke through my plateau that has been plaguing me for the last couple months. Everything I did, did not seem to drop weight, but was losing inches. So I went drastic this week and lost 8lbs! Total lost is 38lbs since March 1. The hard part will be keeping it off, I have readjusted my eating again to a more conserative style. Made some veggie soup that is really yummy. I cut up yellow squash, zucchini, broccolli, carrots, onions, and garlic. Threw it in a pot with a can of zesty tomatoes, a chicken boullion cube, water and seasonings. Let cook for an hour until the veggies are soft.
This morning I am starting again to concentrate on eating a healthy breakfast. So I am having a "weight control" oatmeal with some unprocessed bran, and about 1.5 tablespoons raisins. Also drank 4oz. fresh carrot juice with my vitamin.

Wow!

That's great everyone! Congrats Drew for adjusting so quickly to the med change. I've been heavy, but I can only imagine what you are going through! And excellent news Jenny! Glad you broke the plateau! I'm not a big mashed potatoe or cauliflower fan, so I won't be using your trick soon Almity!

As for me, my official weight stayed at 218 today. unofficially I hit 216 this week, but a bigger, later dinner last night, and well worth it :D, kept me from making any gains. I did on the other hand do a little clothes shopping yesterday. I was finally told last weekend that "You need some new clothes" (She's tired of me just punching holes in my belt) and I was given instructions to head to American Eagle and the Gap, find some young girl to help my sorry rear and get some clothes that fit. Having been 230+ for 20+ years, I had no idea what to expect. I've been a size 38/40 for so long, I told the clerk, who was about 20, that I had lost 40 pounds, and I had no idea. So we started with a 36 waist on a pair of jeans. I came out of the changeroom, and she goes "Those are too big". She goes off and brings me back a 34, and I think "I'm not getting into these, I don't think I've worn a 34 since high school". So I put them on, and whoa! They do up easy, and there's even a bit of room! I was totally blown away. Wearing the same old clothes, cincing the belt a bit tighter did not prepare me for that! So a couple of pairs of jeans, and a few large T-shirts, instead of XL, and I was out the door, a bit stunned and amazed. And very prepared to keep this up!

I'm not sure what kind of weight loss to expect now. I have to get my body fat tested again, but it was down to 13% last time, so small losses and/or maintenance will be good for me I think.

Have a good week all! Here's to everyone's health!

Hi Guys, can I join the Group?

I've been trying to lose weight since Apirl, its been going (very) slowly and at some points very dishearting....But everytime I see someone extremely overweight and slim it makes me more determined to carry on...

I started at 210lbs and I'm currently at 188.7lb as of today. The lowest I've been is 187.2lb (which was last week, but we won't go there okay :wink: ). My aim is 150lb.

I'm 27 and 5.7" btw and a BMI of 30.3 :shakehead

I do 30mins cardo every day (15mins on a cross trainer, 15mins on a stationery mag bike) in the morning and if I can be motivatied 30mins in the evening also. Although at the moment I get home walk the dogs, then I'm done for the evening - I think its the heat...

Since April my fitness has definitely improved, on both the cross trainer and bike, they have a recovery feature which measures your heart beat for a full minute gaugeing the decrease in BPM after you excerised, when I started I was an 'F6' (with F1 being super fit:D and F6 is very unfit) and for the past few weeks I've been firmly in the F3 camp...:D

Well good luck to everyone and heres hoping next week I'll be 186.7lb at least! and the rest of you also reach your goals...!

Rich,

Welcome to our little online support group. I think a slow, steady progression is good. It helps to reinforce to your body that the weight loss is permanent. Also, slight fluctuations are normal, so you will see yourself go up occassionaly.

Keep checking in, and hopefully we will get through all of this together.

BTW, are you just doing cardio? Proper weight training can really burn up the calories and the burn keeps going. By getting your muscles working, your metabolism picks up and everything starts working better.

Hi Colby,

As to weight training, no not a the moment. I used to go 3 times a week to the local gym when I was a 22-25 (and I used to cycle everyday to and from work), so know I my way around the weights etc, at home I have some dumbells, but not the floor space! Also weight work is so different at home compaired to doing it at the gym...!

But your right I should get them out and get a routine going. Will let you know how I'm getting on.

Speak soon!

Rich,

it's really a balanced approach. Not all of us have weight that seems to magically fall off like Almity, who seems to lose weight like I lose my train of thought, hehehe. But I think we all have realized it's a lifestyle change that will enable us to keep the pounds off. I'm six months into mine, and 40 pounds, and it feels really, really good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom