2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok. Here's da plan. Put it in writing. Stick it out there on the front page for all to see.
Lose 40lbs at least by June. In a perfect world, it will be 50, that might be a bit too aggressive, but why not shoot for it? Plan is to start by going to Weight Watchers. Tonight.
Next. Start exercising. I have wii Fit and EA Sports Active. No excuses.
Get that heart pumping. Start running again. Starts tonight before Weight Watchers. Distance and time does not matter at this point. Doing it does.

Bring it on!!!

Way to go Jenny!

Last year I started NutriSystem thinking I would lose 30 lbs. 50 lbs lighter starting this New Year and my resolutions are to not eat myself back to where I was, more diving, take fundies, swim and exercise at the fitness club, and get a new job to support my scuba habit!

Whoo hooo!! Inspiration!
I lost a bunch of weight about 5 years ago. I am now at that same weight. These past couple months I have really piled it on. Easy on, easy off, right? :praying:
Would love to find a place to swim laps...

I have lost ~33lb since committing to eating thoughtfully and exercising regularly 18 weeks ago.

I renew that commitment for 2011. I start the year at 216.4 and I would like to get down to 190 and maintain it.

-1.8/week average. That's a good number.
I would love to lose that amount in that time frame and keep it off for life...

Last year I got down from 235 to around 200lbs - my target for this year is to hit 180 by August, to help me do this I plan on running about 1,250 kms, biking about 1,800 kms and rowing 750 kms plus weight training a couple of times a week. This may sound like a lot but most of the biking will be commuting to work (in good weather).

I'm kind of goal oriented so to keep me motivated I've entered the 10K race in the national Capital marathon weekend (shooting for a 55 min time) I've also entered my first triathlon (sprint distance - end of July), have entered a 100km bike ride for September 10th and haven't decided what distance I'll be running in the Army Run this September, ideally I'd like to run my first half-marathon but I'm keeping my options open.

Like many of us I had a few pounds sneak on over Christmas (I blame all you can eat buffets at the resort!) so a little discipline is called for.

Last edited:
It is great to hear from all of you. The biggest thing I have learned from my experience so far is discipline around portion control. The holidays got me a little bit, but not out of hand. I tell myself if I have this now, I can't have that later. Also, do I want a Snickers now or a bite or two a delicious cake later. When I go out to eat, I make a conscious effort to take home at least half the meal unless I am sharing it someone. I stay away from buffet bars.

Since I lost the weight, every now and then, I put my BC on with all the weights I have, 25lbs which is only half of what I lost walk around! Wow what a difference.

Made it to Weight Watchers tonight. Got weighed. That was sobering. yikes. I have a long ways to go.
The program is vastly different than 25 years ago when I last went. "giggle" Lots of tools, books, a calculator....

I've lost 37 pounds using the Isagenix cleansing and nutrional progam since October, and I have hypothryroidism! I was able to maintain over the holidays, so I'm feeling good about that. Have another 20 pounds to go, so will need to up the exercise and be more viligent on the program.

3-4 years ago i lost around 120 lbs bringing me to 228 lbs. Just this last year i have put on 30 lbs :'( my goal is to drop the 30 lbs by october for cruise. Thinking that signing up for the lls 150 might be good motivation. i will stay with-in points and i will get to the workout room tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom