Surviving The Cut: USAF Combat Diver School

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The USAF has their own diving school? Why? I thought everyone went to the special ops school in Fl (SEALs excluded).

I know man.
Pretty excititng stuff, huh? The training is very heavy.

I saw a bunch of those guys at ndstc when i was there. I thought the guys i saw were pj's. Is that the same thing?

On the show they said that both PJ's and Combat Air Controllers attend the school. Both groups trained together all the way through the open water dives. After looking up further information on the internet it looks like the dive school is just one of many stops on the path to becoming either a PJ or Combat Air Controller.

I've had the chance to see these guys in training while I was going through my Aircrew school at a same base. Quite... Intense. Especially drownproofing.

We were good buddies. But they are not to be messed with. A little edgy. In a good way.

Also saw some of them again when I went through SERE. For them, the course was (almost) easy! :D

Wow, that one man competency segment is just shocking! Kudos to those who survive and pass!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom