The Deep is still my favorite diving movie..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freeclimbmtb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My favorite part about movies from this era in general is the lack of any real sub plots...for this reason The Deep is still my favorite diving movie, no excessive underlying overdeveloped love story or the like means more time for diving footage!! Now if only someone can put aside the obsession with critical reviews and make a movie like that with todays technology. (Im counting on the Indy film industry on this one.) I was in love with this movie long before I ever got into diving, but since getting into the sport I love looking back at the gear they used...No buoyancy control to speak of...just a tank, and a weight belt. Kinda makes me feel like im carrying extraneous gear...though I sure am glad I have it!

The Deep is not that well rated. There were plenty of interesting and well done movies from that period. I like the Deep for what it is. There are not many highly rated scuba movies...... :confused:

Thunderball is rated well and has a decent bit of diving.

Wow... I thought "The Deep" was a love story... I know I loved Jacqueline Bisset in it!

That opening dive sequence is quite lovely....
boobeyes.gif

I love that movie! When I got OW certified the daughter of the underwater cinematographer was in my cert class. She had photo albums of her dad with Nick Nolte and the rest of the crew. What tipped me off to ask her about it was she had several of those glass ampules of "morphine" on her fireplace mantle.

I've never even seen this movie but after a quick google search of "Jacqueline Bisset The Deep" I'm sure it'll be one of my favorites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom