Rainbow Reef: New sitcom about scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwardjohnson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sounds too much like other "fish out of water" TV shows. Could be okay, could be crap. One thing they need to do is make sure that any diving is correctly done, I have seen too many shows where the divers stay down too long but need to do no deco, ascend far too quick without problems, etc.

Haha I can already expect a scene where the main character has to talk to the female lead but gets stuck in a deco chamber ^^

Might be good, the fish out of water concept is used so much because it works so well. The real question is if there is any chemistry or humor amongst the cast.

Ed Anser? No thanks.

Sounds too much like other "fish out of water" TV shows. Could be okay, could be crap. One thing they need to do is make sure that any diving is correctly done, I have seen too many shows where the divers stay down too long but need to do no deco, ascend far too quick without problems, etc.

I think I'd prefer to live with a little creative license. Watching the main character sit and do an hour of deco would be boring.

When I watch a tv show where the characters fly somewhere exotic I don't want to see them sitting sedentary on a plane for 5 hours.

I agree with allowing a bit of poetic license. I would rather see a fun adventure than watch a team of crack divers hanging off a deco bar. If you look at a lot of the movies and TV shows that have diving in them, they might be fun, but reality was often then first casualty of art....

I think if they start portraying what really happens amongst real divers (not so much the technical stuff) it might be pretty good. Imagine the Warhammer episode. Lots of potential humor in that episode.

I've heard a bit about the show from the producer JT. His confidence instills confidence in me. A dive show is all too exciting from my perspective (26 yr old AOW diver); a welcome reprieve from the "usual" fishing boat/serious drama in my opinion. It may revitalize our industry through renewed interest in the sport. Surely a funny sitcom promoting our industry will emanate untold positive benefits, rippling throughout the dive world. That is, if it makes the necessary SPLASH...perhaps we offer the production/development team our tips, experiences, and inputs for comedy through this forum?

However this turns out, I think inputs directed toward Rainbow Reef would have impact and reception on the end product/show. If not, bummer, but at least the inputs would make for funny reading here. My goal: to have my comical dive experiences come to light in a TV show, how cool!

Success or flop depends on us in my opinion...Jim

Ed Anser? No thanks.
i decided not to watch anything hes in after he became friends with Danial Ortega ............I spent too much time in the Nicaraguan bush

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom