1985 TV series "Oceanquest"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the talking dolphin? Oh no that was SeaQuest.

there are some things that are best left in the vault. ocean quest was one of them. "reality tv" 20 years ahead of its time and unlike Sea Hunt it doesn't get better with age.

I have no recollection of watching Oceanquest when it first aired (I was five years old at the time), but I personally wish that Shawn Weatherly had worn a beavertail wetsuit with twistlock fasteners on the show.

I do---wife, oldest child(daughter) & myself were in the middle of our(private---only way wife would take them) SCUBA lessons........Ole Al taught Shawn how to 'do it rite'.......:).....couldn't wait to make my 1st 100 ft ESA

yeah, the 100 foot swimming ascent. Giddings set back the cause of scuba training 20 years with that one. Also left the impression among some of the women that I knew at the time that you had to be some kind of super water person to dive.

I remember never watching it

I remember watching one or two episodes-then remembering to not watch any more. The 100 ft swimming ascent was one of the episodes I saw. I think the other was Al hitting great whites on the nose while calling them bullies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom