Scuba or underwater movies they SHOULD make?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw the thread on scuba or underwater movies and it got me thinking. We've all read about movies that they have talked about making, but never made.

I would think the following are marketable and would make great dive/water based movies if done well.

1) Story of the S5. If you dont know the S5 - go read about it. The story is absolutely amazing.

2) Andrea Doria/ Seeker /60s/70s/80s. Lots of drama around the personalities and dive boats and dive themselves, especially with so many early deaths. Tie that to the actual Doria and a really cool movie could happen.

3) Shadow Divers/The last Dive - I know some of the content is contraversial between these two but that itself could be worked into a film. The story of life and death, family, discover, and the wreck itself. Some sort of battle between the two incident recounts, the search for the sub, tied with the history of the sub - and tie in the horrible tragedy of the Rouse family. I believe there is a great move here. YES - I know that Shadow Divers itself was in production talks for YEARS but I dont think it ever happened. I think a different angle tying in all the contraversy between the two books and the several sets of strong personalities...juxtaposed with the history of the sub - that could sell.

Any others?

Another remake of the deep is always appropriate. A movie that should be remade every ten years or so, if for no other reason than to give up backside of the decade. :D

There is a PBS Nova documentary on Shadow Divers.

NOVA - Hitler's Lost Sub
Amazon.com: NOVA - Hitler's Lost Sub: Movies & TV

Edit: The problem with most of the historical footage on the Doria is it is all 16mm or worse.

Documentary is one thing. Im talking a movie!!

Who needs historical footage? There was crap footage on the titanic and they made that come to life!

It starts with a screenplay, go for it. The biggest problem is there weren't many great looking ladies in the real life part.

If I had the money, or the writing prowess, I would!!! Its a lot easier to post random ideas online and hope someone else does it!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom