anybody else watching Descending?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody else watching this? It's on OLN in Canada. Not sure if it's available elsewhere (the website makes it look like it's not) but episodes might show up online at some point.

descending

We had/have very high expectations based on Departures.

We watched the first episode and were disappointed, as it focussed mostly on the "antics" of the guys. I suppose they were setting up the new "dynamics" of the group.

Second episode is recorded and waiting to be viewed.

Scott and Andre did an outstanding job with Departures and you can see the same style in Descending. I'm sure it will become staple viewing just like Departures was.

I don't believe our American friends will be able to view it.

It's an excellent show. Not exactly top notch diving practicing in my opinion but they never claimed to be professional divers in the first place. The style that the show is portrayed and filmed definietly makes me want to check out Departures.

The camera man is diving twins, but he also has to work twice as hard. As far as i could tell their tanks were mostly equiped with H-valves. Considering the fact that it looks like they're hauling every once of their gear every where they're travelling, i don't think they have the ability to also haul all the double rigs around. That being said, I also beleive they're leaving out the more tech rigs because A: They don't seem to be tech divers B: They're doing dives within the reaches of any average diver in order to encourage more people to travel to those destinations and experiance it themselves. They want to beable to keep everything within reach of average viewer to make it a more memorable experiance. The whole 'we just did this, and you can too' really speaks to people.

Uncle Sandwich,

Departures is definitely worth the watch. It is far superior.

I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I've apparently got one episode of Departures on my pvr... any idea when it's on or where I can see the other eps?

OLN, Sunday evening for the new episodes and Saturday for the repeat of the previous Sunday. Unfortunately my wife and I are too critical. We stopped watching.

Anybody know when/if they plan on posting the second episode online? I saw the first one on the OLN site but no sign of the second one yet, most webistes i watch tv on regularily (CTV, global) all post their latest episodes next day, so im wondering if OLN is the same....

OLN, Sunday evening for the new episodes and Saturday for the repeat of the previous Sunday. Unfortunately my wife and I are too critical. We stopped watching.

In that case, I was referring to Departures, not Descending.

Back
Top Bottom