Cave Diving Series airing on CBS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeckyKagan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Tomorrow April 24th and Friday April 25th a short Cave Diving Series we filmed in January! It will air on CBS Miami, If you are not in the Miami/ South Florida area we will post the links after they air or go to the CBS site below. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished pieces, we worked with a great team on stories of exploration, rescue, tragedy and training. Please share and tune in tomorrow. I'll announce when the 3rd and 4th stories air next week.

Here is the teaser:
Preview: Cave Diving: Beyond The Limit « CBS Miami

I'd like to thank David Sutta and Kyle Harmon from CBS who wanted to do this series on cave diving before Christmas. As certified OW divers they also took on the training and went through their cavern class with Edd Sorenson to gain a better understanding of cave diving. I also need to thank Brett Hemphill, Edd Sorenson, Matt Vinzant, Diana Molnar and David Schott for all of you're help and working on this with us.

Becky Schott
Liquid Productions, INC

Looks really neat! No CBS here, I hope those with a foreign location will also be able to view it from the website.

They may air nationally after they air in South Florida. CBS is also putting together a half hour special after all 4 stories air! They will be posted online after they air. I'll post the links here and on our Liquid Productions Facebook page.

Here is an article written by David Sutta. He and his cameraman went though Edd's cavern course to really understand why training is important and get a better understanding for cave diving. I am pleased that our message was understood and he writes about the importance of training.

Tonight the first story airs on Eagles Nest Tragedy. I haven't seen it and i'm a little nervous but again I hope the emphisis on training is there. Tomorrow's story is Cave Rescue with Edd Sorenson, then Cave exploration with Brett Hemphill and Matt Vinzant in a SMALL cave in Ocala, last is a Behind the Scenes episode which should be very cool! =) Hopefully i'm not too bossy haha

Blog: The Story Of Eagles Nest Touches David Sutta Personally « CBS Miami

Today's Eagles Nest teaser Latest Videos « CBS Miami

Great, I saw this on Facebook too. I set my DVR to record both newscasts.
From the trailer I had the impression that it was a stand alone show which would be very unusual for a local station, but the tune in gpx at the end helps.
Thanks for the heads up.

Great work as usual... I'm a fan of your work.

Great, I saw this on Facebook too. I set my DVR to record both newscasts.
From the trailer I had the impression that it was a stand alone show which would be very unusual for a local station, but the tune in gpx at the end helps.
Thanks for the heads up.

Great work as usual... I'm a fan of your work.

Thank you, I appreciate that! This is actually a 4 part series. Each show will be about 5 or so minutes maybe 6. So not very long. I hope they can do more with the half hour special.

Any word on when the second part of the series will air or be available online? Maybe I misunderstood the OP, I thought part 2 was airing the next day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom