Jill Heinerth TED Talk Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Jill for sharing these awesome words that WE ALL NEED TO HEAR!
Wes and many others are smiling ear to ear, Keep up the great work!
The words and deeds of those speaking out are making a difference!
Thank you once again,

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Thanks for sharing the presentation with us, Jill. I really got a sense that you are passionate about cave/ice diving.

Perhaps it was just me, but there seemed to be somewhat of a disconnect between the discussion of "fear"/fear response and articulation of the case for political activism in the realm of water/nature conservation. I got the feeling that you mashed two or three different talks into one presentation.

On another note, I think it would have been nice to hear concrete examples of findings generated by "scary" cave/ice dives that made the risk worthwhile. Without such examples, it's hard not to think of cave divers as explorers primarily concerned with challenging themselves (conquering the unknown or overcoming their own fears) and secondarily getting behind a convenient ecological cause to justify the personal risks which they take. I guess I found the talk rather unfulfilling in that sense.

Once again thanks for sharing the talk with us.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom