SeaSigns Underwater Communications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba ETC

Reaction score
Unbelievable as it may seem implementing SeaSigns was a fun bolt-on to my PADI Openwater course involving 16 students. Granted it was an elongated course involving multiple weeks but everyone enjoyed learning the signs and the retention was over 90%. One of the added benefits was that once the students received their Open Water certification they also achieved their first Distinctive Specialty for SeaSigns. Thus... their view was 1 down and 4 to go towards a Master Scuba cert. I will continue to teach the product with Open Water integrating slides from the SeaSigns deck into my Open Water PLG, and stand alone. Write me if you questions.. but there was nothing like diving on Turks & Caicos at the Thunderdome and looking over to see my student tell me "WOW"!

I took the course last Feb. from my LDS as a specialty. I was very impressed with it & surprised at how much I could remember, even months later. It was also an excuse to get in a little pool practice during the cold winter months:wink: . That class has come in handy for communicating underwater. The only drawback is that with some of the signs, you must have a partner that has also had underwater communications to undersatnd you, but a good course to take.

Back
Top Bottom