Eagle Project in South Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Dan the Scuba Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys,
It's time for me to step up to the plate of Eagle, and for my project I plan on dropping a few Reef Balls off the coast of Boca Raton to form an artificial reef...

right now my needs are:
Voulenteers
Donations
A Boat that can drop the Concrete Balls into the water.
Dive Masters
Concrete

I have mostly everything planned out so far, We build, we drop, we dive, then after that we PARTY!!:D

so anybody who has resorces or would like/love to help, drop me a PM or an e-mail at

bmxbikerdan@yahoo.com

Happy Dving
-Dan

Sounds like a cool project for an Eagle project.

I think for a scouting trip/project to have divers, you have to get a special permission form for all scouters that are diving from your local council office. I'm not sure about this, but it's something you should check into so that you have proper insurance coverage.

Also, check on any required permits for the sinking. I think the state of Florida requires permits before sinking anything. You might need a permit from the EPA and the Corp or Engineers also.

Last, prepare a safety plan since you are dropping weighed objects from overhead with divers in the water. I suggest you try to enlist the local fire/police/rescue divers from the local municipality. Chances are they can use this as a training mission and also you'll get use of their boats by doing so. They also can formulate a safety plan.

Like I said this sounds like a cool Eagle project. One you can dive years later and see the results of your work.

If my schedule permits, I will be happy to volunteer as a DM for you guys.

If my time permits I would love to be a volunteer diver. This sure beats the old "bridge over a swamp" eagle projects that my town was filled with (and I'm ashamed to say I did myself).

Even if I can't help GOOD LUCK...it's an accomplishment that will serve you well through life!

lol it's a unique project and right now it's been haulted... the artificial reef director of PalmBeach is not staying in contact with me.. nore is the guy at Reef Ball... it's not a nessesity to use the reefballs but i'd need more voulenteer divers to help built and put down a load of cinder blocks...

I'll volunteer in down in Ft. Lauderdale but wouldn't mind driving up there.

Just PM me with some details, dates and times.

Wys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom