Any seabase staff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PFD305

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi guys,
Looking to see if there are any SCUBA mates out there. As a scouter and diver cant think of a better place to spend my summer. Just wanted to see how you liked working there and how much time in the water a SCUBA mate might get. I'm looking into going for divemaster, but not there yet and the mate position seemed like the closest job to get in the water.

PFD,
You should check out the Divemaster Training Academy that SeaBase offers. They'll train you as a DM for free during the Xmas break, with the agreement that you'll work for them (for pay) the next summer.

A scout in my crew did it Xmas '05 and worked as a DM there last summer. Actually, he decided about 3/4 of the way through the summer that it wasn't his cup of tea and left early. I believe he had to pay SeaBase back for the DM training $$$ so his summer was just about a wash for him.

Grady is a long-time staffer, he could give you info on how much free time you'd have as a mate.

Hey Diver.....
I am heading down for the 5th year.. Would be glad to let ya know the ins & outs. You can call me at 817-232-3456 & if needed leave a number & i will get back to you. the info can be long, your questions may be many & I talk on the phone better than I type. Also if you arre already in BSA it sure speeds up things!
YIS
Grady Hardin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom