USA Northern states/ BSA DIVERS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hardin

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was an instructor MSDT PADI 9158 at the BSA Sea Base for Capt. Steve Willis a few years back. While in classed & discussions with the Scouts on the responsibilities of controlling pollution of the North Atlantic & the North Western side of the European continent. More than a few times I was "ADVISED" by some Scouts & Scout leaders from the Northern USA staes that are part of the watershed of the Mississippi River. I explained how farmers with fertilizers & fuel tanks down to your Grandmother driving the 1983 Chevy with the minor oil leak & the Scouts themselves dropping waste & pollution out of their car influenced the amount of waste seen in Ireland. The flow of the Missouri rivers & others flowing into the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico into the Gulf Stream into the Northern Atlantic Ocean into the northern currents that flow to the shores of Northern Europe carried pollution from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. to these shores thousands of miles away. There were many that wanted to argue the facts without doing any research of their own. Now this is the latest info I can find as to the pollution from Minnesota carries into the Gulf of Mexico & beyond. I do not think these folks would be against my furthering the education of all folks from the USA with this far reaching information. Thank You!!!
'Dead zone' in the Gulf of Mexico is the size of Connecticut

Back
Top Bottom