Camp Lanochie Getting Better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This year I hope to improve the program at Camp as I will be bringing a full size compressor and equipment servicing station. Last year was so busy so hopfully this year will be a little better and easier on me. I will show a pic of the setup when I have it all together. I will also use this at dive sites that I frequent

I went to Summer Camp there a long time ago... must have been 9 or 10 years ago. I really liked the camp.

What does the program offer? Full OW Certification?

I am an Eagle Scout and Brotherhood OA member still but would love to get more involved as an adult. This sort of program may be just the incintive I need to break down and do an IDC and get my OWSI certification. (Plus, I think my accountant is creative enough to write it off for that :wink: )

It offers full OW certification as well as some advanced. I know GDI is busy teaching or he would have signed in and responded. Let me know if you need help GDI!

Thanks NetDoc, that sounds like a cool program. I was talking with a friend of mine (an instructor) about this and we are considering approaching Sand Hill Scout Reservation about a program like that. They have a pool and are pretty close to good training sites like Blue Grotto and Devil's Den.

Just don't let them dive the sink hole over there... :D It's a bit deeper then most would think. Let me know if I (or www.ScubaDucks.com) can help! :D

Oh yeah... for the record, it's spelled LaNoChe (For Lake Norris and the man who gave it to us, Mr Cheney).

pw1981:
I went to Summer Camp there a long time ago... must have been 9 or 10 years ago. I really liked the camp.

What does the program offer? Full OW Certification?

I am an Eagle Scout and Brotherhood OA member still but would love to get more involved as an adult. This sort of program may be just the incintive I need to break down and do an IDC and get my OWSI certification. (Plus, I think my accountant is creative enough to write it off for that :wink: )
It is a full cert program, offered to both the scouts and scoutmasters and adult leaders. I tried to start a program at Sand Hill as it is closer to my house but the camp director never would return my calls. Good luck. I have instructed OW, AOW, rescue, nitrox, photo, video, and a couple of other specialties. It helps having your own compressor and a fully mobile service capabilty. I also conduct scuba experience for the scoutmasters once a week. In addition to the scuba you may want to look into CPR/AED and First Aid cert instruction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom