Galieo Display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffhamm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
After seeing a service mode 5 msg on my SOL computer, and a battery change, the lcd display is inconsistent in color. Some words are dark, some light. Adjusting the contrast doesn't seem to help. If i increase the contrast of the display, some items become totally unreadable while others seem to change as expected.

The battery display shows a full charge.

Is there anything else I should check before sending it in for service?

Between this computer and a battery change for an older computer, I expect to be visiting my local shop today...Hopefully wont break the bank.

Thank you

Jeff

Yes, you should take to your LDS for inspection in case the screen/LCD's are damaged or problematic from manufacturing.

Thanks, Harry

I actually sent it off the day I posted that. I didn't hear anything so I made a trip to the LDS.

What kind of turn around do you have these days for service? Couldn't really get a answer from the LDS.

Got a trip in a few weeks, and sent you guys both my computers. So hoping for the best!

Thank you for your quick reply,

Jeff

It took a while, but I finally got this issue resolved. The computer was not repairable, but Scubapro worked with me to find a solution that was acceptable to both of us. Thanks to Katescubapro for getting me in touch with the right contacts. It's good to deal with a company that is willing to discuss options with their customers and make attempts to keep them using their products.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom