Scubapro factory defects on tech bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Signal

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a Tech Bag the other day, which has the smaller Computer Bag inside of it.

But my tech bag (the larger bag, used for regulators generally) was labeled "Computer Bag", and my computer bag was labeled "Tech Bag".

So I go to the Platinum Scubapro dealer I bought it from and ask them about it. They informed me that other customers of there's have noticed problems with the names on the tech bags. He goes to find me correct ones, but he didn't have any. All of his bags are marked wrong. Some of the sets have both bags labeled "Computer Bag".

One customer was worried these were Scubapro factory seconds, but the shop assured me they were not, and that Scubapro has just made some with messed up labels. Anyone else see this?

Yep, same here. I thought I just was naive about something but apparently it is some kind of mistake.

Wow, I'm surprised the dealer didn't contact scubapro for some non defective products!

Take a black sharpie to em and mark em correctly. This is often what happens when non English speaking people are making your stuff. They get confused. Be interested where the made in label says they are from.

I bought a Tech Bag the other day, which has the smaller Computer Bag inside of it.

But my tech bag (the larger bag, used for regulators generally) was labeled "Computer Bag", and my computer bag was labeled "Tech Bag".

So I go to the Platinum Scubapro dealer I bought it from and ask them about it. They informed me that other customers of there's have noticed problems with the names on the tech bags. He goes to find me correct ones, but he didn't have any. All of his bags are marked wrong. Some of the sets have both bags labeled "Computer Bag".

One customer was worried these were Scubapro factory seconds, but the shop assured me they were not, and that Scubapro has just made some with messed up labels. Anyone else see this?

I think by any reasonable definition of the term "Seconds", these would qualify. The usability of the product may be 100% there, but the fact that they are obviously mislabeled would make them seconds.

Steve

Wow, I'm surprised the dealer didn't contact scubapro for some non defective products!

The dealer, a reputable Scubapro dealer, did contact Scubapro, as they had numerous customers with the issue. They even showed me their stock, and all of them had label issues. They said Scubapro confirmed they were genuine, as some customers were concerned that maybe the dealer was buying counterfeit. Not really much I can do, its not the quality I expect however from a company that tries to position itself as #1.

Brian

They probably found a manufacturer who had no idea what a dive computer was. Saw the bag thought of laptop or netbook and assumed the bigger one must of been for the computer.

They probably found a manufacturer who had no idea what a dive computer was. Saw the bag thought of laptop or netbook and assumed the bigger one must of been for the computer.

This is what I'm going to choose to believe so I can sleep well at night.

photo.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom