Scubapro MK25 and G260 w/ Apeks Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kerrycorcoran

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can someone tell me if it's okay to utilize a Scubapro MK25 and G260 with an Apeks Egress Octo? I had heard the Scubapro is over-balanced and wondered if that would/could cause issues at depth - potentially causing a free-flow with the Apeks Octo?

Any insight appreciated.
Thanks,
Kerry

I could be wrong but I was told that if your intermediate pressure is set properly between your first stage and second stage that different reg's should work together. I was using a ScubaPro C300 as a safe second with a HOG Zenith as my primary and they worked together just fine. Not the same reg's you are asking about but an example just the same. My terms may be off as I am not a reg tech and I am going off what the former reg tech at my shop told me when he adjusted my reg's.

Can someone tell me if it's okay to utilize a Scubapro MK25 and G260 with an Apeks Egress Octo? I had heard the Scubapro is over-balanced and wondered if that would/could cause issues at depth - potentially causing a free-flow with the Apeks Octo?

Any insight appreciated.
Thanks,
Kerry

It won't, you'll be fine.

The MK25 is not over balanced. IP remains the same at and between 3000 psi and 500 psi. The MK17 and MK11 are considered "overbalanced." Even if you had a MK11 or MK17 you could dive two different 2nd stages, they would need to be tuned correctly off the first stage, but this is same for all regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom