Reccomendations for Gluing my Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrvsWADIVER

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Let me start of by saying i love the seawing nova gorrilas, and i do plan on purchasing a new set as soon as I have the funds. I have a slight tear on the blade of my fin and I need to glue it. any insight on what type of glue and how long to let it dry would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Marine Goop. You could reinforce the repair with a piece of suitable fabric.

Before you glue, consider how you want to stop the teat from proceeding. Once a tear starts in a solid material, it tends to continue as stress is applied in a very small spot (the end of the tear) like a knife blade. Sometimes is is better to drill (or melt in plastic) a small holes at the end of the tear. This enlarges are area absorbing the stress so it may stop the tear from continuing. Think about the repair they did to the Liberty Bell, same idea. Anyway once you do this, then glue. Worse case the glue might not hold forever, but the length of the tear should not increase even if it does eventually fail.

Depending on the nature of the tear or where it is, why not take it back to your local Scubapro dealer. The Novas have a lifetime warranty and there may be a possibility of a warranty replacement set of fins. I would check into that before concerning myself with a repair.

Depending on the nature of the tear or where it is, why not take it back to your local Scubapro dealer. The Novas have a lifetime warranty and there may be a possibility of a warranty replacement set of fins. I would check into that before concerning myself with a repair.

I thought of that, but due to the tear being from one of the wrecks out here, I don't think scubapro would be willing to replace it

Now that i can attach pictures, i have so you fine divers can see the tear I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Gorrila Fins 1.jpg
    Gorrila Fins 1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 60
  • Gorrila Fins 2.jpg
    Gorrila Fins 2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 59
I thought of that, but due to the tear being from one of the wrecks out here, I don't think scubapro would be willing to replace it
...............IMO, a tear is a tear(that maybe should not have happened in a 'non-defective' product)...........Talk to them & see what happens---@ most it'll cost you a few minutes of your time---who knows.......

Diver 85, thats a good point, the LDS isnt all that far from me, ill have to see what they can do

Let me start of by saying i love the seawing nova gorrilas, and i do plan on purchasing a new set as soon as I have the funds. I have a slight tear on the blade of my fin and I need to glue it. any insight on what type of glue and how long to let it dry would be greatly appreciated.

Contact your dealer or SCUBAPro.

They've been awesome at handling fin problem under warranty.

FWIW, there is no glue in the world that will actually repair your fins.

Contact your dealer or SCUBAPro.

They've been awesome at handling fin problem under warranty.

FWIW, there is no glue in the world that will actually repair your fins.

Thank you for your input, at the moment im honestly just trying to patch them till I can afford to pick up another set

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom