ScubaPRO MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jprednik

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was more or less messing around Ebay waiting for 109 bidding time to finish and came across MK25.

$_57.jpg$_57.jpg$_57.jpg
I set up a bid thinking i cant be lucky enought to get it at great price so set 80$ as max bid. I ended up geting it at 76.

Looking at the pic it seem to bei in great "outer" shape and seller calims in excelent condition.

When i looked a bit more i figured out it is one of the first MK25s (MK25TIS) out there prolly from 2002 or 2003.

Is there the cap onlly diference between this new ones or any other noticable changes in performance ect?

Worth changin it to dive in waters down to around 5°C?

As it is 10years old should i change piston/spring befoure using it=?

I want to hear some of the opinions here. I have two of these earlier models with over 300 dives on each. your one cosmetically looks in better shape than mine. I would give it a good service, inspect the spring and give it a couple of easy dives and see how you feel. I don't however dive under 8 C water.

I have MK 25's from 2008 to a year or so ago (total of 9 of them). There are cosmetic differences to the bodies, but I have never noticed any real differences in performance, but then again, I service & tune my own regulators the same.

I used to dive them in waters down to 5.5 degrees C (doubles), but now dive the Apeks Tek3 regs for better hose routing & streamlining. As with any high performance regulator in cold water, a little common sense goes a long way. High performance 1st stages can carry a large volume of air in a short period of time with little Resistance. Air coming out of compression is very cold, so icing can be a problem if things are not kept in check. I learned to not be inhaling at the same time as I use the inflator or operating my drysuit to minimize air going through the 1st stage at any 1 time. I have had only 1 free flow event & that was a fluke (tapped the purge button during a manifold valve drill).

As was mentioned above, have the reg serviced first. Don't replace stuff that may not need replacing, but if it does need replacing,... then you'll know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom