SCUBAPRO Chromis - Logging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ATJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
When you sync a SCUBAPRO Chromis with a PC or Mac and read the logs, does it record the dive start time in HH:MM:SS or just HH:MM? Also, what is the sample rate for depth in the log?

The reason I ask is I currently have a couple of Citizen watches (Hyper Aqualand and Cyber Aqualand NX) which I use for logging my dives. They both record the dive start time in HH:MM:SS and have a sample rate for depth of 5 seconds. I synchronise the watches with my camera so I can easily determine the depth at which I took each photograph. Both watches are getting old and I know that next time they fail I won't be able to get them repaired and I'm starting oto think about replacements.

I bought a Oceanic Atom 3.0 at the start of the year and while I love it for diving, the logging leaves a lot to be desired. It only records the dive start time in HH:MM making it useless for synchronisation with the camera - a lot can happen in a minute - and the sample rates are either 2 seconds, which is too frequent, or 15 or 30 seconds, which is too infrequent.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom