Delayed email response TDI email link? contact info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdowndude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone know how long it takes for TDI to send C cards or have alternate email or phone contact info for TDI : re: east coast of the United States region? I have been trying to verify my certificate(s) for over two weeks for classes I took last month by email with no response.

Anyone know how long it takes for TDI to send C cards or have alternate email or phone contact info for TDI : re: east coast of the United States region? I have been trying to verify my certificate(s) for over two weeks for classes I took last month by email with no response.

Douglas: please accept my apologies on behalf of the company. You should wait no longer than one or at most two business days for a response to a request for information. We also aim to process diver-level C-cards within 24 hours of receiving registration information from the certifying instructor.

ALL leadership certifications are processed at our head office in Maine, and there is sometimes a delay issuing this level of membership. This is often due to incomplete or confusing paperwork. The normal time for processing is about five business days.

Our website has a comprehensive listing of both North American representatives and Regional Offices as well as Regional Directors. This includes email addresses and phone numbers.

Please specify which email address you have been using and which phone number you have tried to use. I will look into it myself and find out why the delay.

For the meanwhile, you can email me or post here specifics of the cards you are waiting for. Level, facility, instructor, date of course completion.

Are we to assume you have contacted your instructor directly to confirm he/she has submitted the 'paperwork?' If they did so using online registration, you would have received a confirmation email informing you that your registration was done... as mentioned above, diver certs take about a day or two.

Thanks and once again, I understand your frustration and will attempt to fix the situation.

Douglas: please accept my apologies on behalf of the company. You should wait no longer than one or at most two business days for a response to a request for information. We also aim to process diver-level C-cards within 24 hours of receiving registration information from the certifying instructor.

Thanks for the quick reply Sir, The TDI/SDI phone number is: 888-778-9073 which goes to voice mail. I took deco procedures and Advanced Nitrox with James McNeal instructing from the Dive Shop in Richmond Virginia (804)270-0700 with fellow student Matt Johnson. I see Matts advanced nitrox in the TDI search window on your site, International Training :: Diver Services :: Confirm Certification We completed the class on June 14th.

With more and more operators requiring advanced C cards for insurance and liability reasons it is good to see that your organization is supplying these training education services. Keep up the good work.

Douglas Payne

Thanks for the quick reply Sir, The TDI/SDI phone number is: 888-778-9073 which goes to voice mail. I took deco procedures and Advanced Nitrox with James McNeal instructing from the Dive Shop in Richmond Virginia (804)270-0700 with fellow student Matt Johnson. I see Matts advanced nitrox in the TDI search window on your site, International Training :: Diver Services :: Confirm Certification We completed the class on June 14th.

With more and more operators requiring advanced C cards for insurance and liability reasons it is good to see that your organization is supplying these training education services. Keep up the good work.

Douglas Payne

Thank you for the additional information and for the encouragement... we appreciate your support.

I've checked the master database. We have not received ANY paperwork from your certifying instructor! We are unable to process anything until he does so. My advice is for you to please contact him or the shop as soon as possible and ask him to proceed. You may if you wish let him know you have had communications with me, and for the record that I spoke about this with Sean Harrison, our VP training and member services!

The phone number you have is correct. It should not go to voice mail during business hours (eastern time... we're in Maine). You may have called during a particularly busy period. Sorry about that. My extension is 209 if you need to talk. If you get my voice mail, I do respond usually the same day unless I am away diving or otherwise on the road.

Thank you again Steve. I will follow up on this end with the LDC.

Douglas

TDI always seem (to me) to be pretty slow in sending out the cards. For badge collectors like me, it is like postponing Christmas.

But anyone can verify a certification online at their website pretty much immediately. Now I wish more certification agencies would do that.

TDI always seem (to me) to be pretty slow in sending out the cards. For badge collectors like me, it is like postponing Christmas.

But anyone can verify a certification online at their website pretty much immediately. Now I wish more certification agencies would do that.

Glad you like the onLine verification! :cool2:

I'm interested to learn about your experiences getting cards from us.

According to some studies we've sponsored in the recent past, we turn diver-level cards around well within what one could call an industry norm. Because we also give facilities the option to print c-cards and diplomas in house, and because we have integrated onLine registration with the facility-based printers, a growing number of divers get their cards instantly.

Quite often, as it turns out is the case in Doug's instance, late delivery of c-cards is not because SDI or TDI is 'slow sending out cards,' but because we do not get the registrations from instructors... and ALL the agencies, not just ours, are stymied by that one!

Anyhow, please let me know about your experiences getting cards from us... customer service is important to us and we're always on the look out for ways to improve it.

I shouldn't complain too much - all post is slow in the Caribbean. And I agree, it is not as if there is a noticeable difference in speed between, say, TDI and PADI.

But I do really wish more agencies would allow online verification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom