TDI Standards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carl_F

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are the TDI training standards available to the public? I looked on the site (and searched here) unsuccessfully. But then it took me a while to find the SSI standards, too, but finally did.

Thanks,

Carl

All the documents linked are old, and likely no longer accurate.

what do you need to know ?

If you are looking for tech standards, I googled TDI standards and got the standards for Decompression, extended range, trimix and advanced trimix

If you are looking for tech standards, I googled TDI standards and got the standards for Decompression, extended range, trimix and advanced trimix

I'm betting those are old ones too. Do you have a link?

The standards had been removed from their website, but are back online.

TDI does not want their standards posted online. I wish they were but they site legal reasons and I was asked to remove them from my web page. I do forward standards for an individual course to students and potential students via email.

I do the same as well as my own entry requirements, suggested gear, and other info for classes. Makes it easier for them to understand why the classes cost what they do. I had a customer/student pose a question to me today about what it would cost and how much time to take him from AOW to Advanced Trimix and if it was possible to do it in a few months. I only teach as far as Adv Nitrox and Deco as well as Adv wreck at this point. So I got some prices from other sites on the other courses. That was enough to convince him it wasn't the way to do it. At least if you have a job, a family, limited time, and are not Jed Clampett. :D

Back
Top Bottom