TDI Cylinder Inspector Insurance question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a TDI rep on here? I have a question in regards to the Cylinder Inspector certification that TDI has and so far I have emailed 3 times and called twice (leaving message each time) and no one has gotten back to me.

I recently sat through a webinar from TDI and Don Kenny in regards to the new program. One of the points brought up was in regards to insurance and it was stated that Cylinder Inspection Instructors were covered under TDI's Insurance but did not go into depth on this. Here are my questions:

1. Is this general liability or is it another type of insurance?
2. Would I need to pay more to be covered?
3. Are students that get certified by TDI standards also covered?

Most Important:

I am already a TDI HOG/EDGE Regulator Technician Instructor. Does this same insurance cover me for teaching this specialty?

Thank you Myles,
We have sent you an email, please let us know if you have any other questions or if you did not receive the response. Thank you!

Hey Jon - Why keep it a secret? They were valid questions (although I thought the visual inspection course was SDI, not TDI).

Not intended to be kept a secret, just wanted to ensure we have opened up a direct line of communication with the OP so we can identify and address the breakdown in communication.

The new professional liability insurance program International Training will be announcing in May will cover you while teaching the International Training, VIP program under the standard dive professional policy or under your facility umbrella policy. You will not be required to pay additional fees to be insured as a VIP instructor and the training you conduct with students will be covered under the policy.

Also, to answer the most important question – while teaching any TDI related programs, including the Edge Hog Regulator Technician course, you are covered under the Willis program, new International Training Insurance program (coming early/mid May), OR your current policy if TDI is listed as an additional endorsement to your policy (ie; Witherspoon or Vincencia & Buckley, etc.). For any specific questions about coverage, we recommend contacting your insurance provider directly.

Ken, to answer your question regarding the branding of the new VIP Inspector program: Since the new program goes beyond the scope of just the dive industry, it has been branded as an International Training course.

I hope this answers everyone's questions, please let us know if there is anything else you need. Thank you,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom