YS-01 Battery Drain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjbikes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings to one and all...

My YS-01 which worked flawlessly last year, I've just started to use, and in the last two dives,
and all of a sudden, it drains the battery power in a few discharges.

I've made sure that the rechargeable batteries are fully charged, and have also used,
fresh and new, regular batteries, and it drains the power just as quickly. This I have tried not
even diving, but at home, just to make sure it wasn't a leak of some kind.

BTW...the strobe is less than a year old in usage, so any thoughts, and or solutions will be appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance,

CJ

Well OlpPlop...

Thanks for the great news. :)

I've read your thread and all I can say is, heaven help me, and you of course with your continuing problem. I bought mine through Leisurepro, and they asked me to return it to them so they can forward it on to Sea and Sea. Time will tell I guess, but after reading your problems with them, I'm not holding out much hope with getting a resolution any time soon.

i like the strobe mind you, it performs well and it's compact, which so,etching I like, but you're so right, their customer service lives a lot to be desired.

I also use their housing, and trying to get the right zoom ring for one of my lenses has been a nightmare, with incorrect zoom ring that they've said should work and I've had to return them to Leisurepro as well, which by the way, they've provided me with excellent customer care.

So now for me, it's a question of wait and see...thanks again for your response.

Regards,

CJ

Greetings S & S...

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I did...returned it and I did get it replaced, which made me a very happy camper.

However...the new, replacement strobe has developed the same problem only after about 20+ dives, and if I leave a fresh set of batteries, be them rechargeable or throw always, by next morning, they are drained.

Now I find myself having to go through the same process once again...there definitely seems to be some sort of problem with the quality control at the manufacturing level itself.

Carlos Jaile

I have this strobe also. Interested in the outcome

I have two YS-01 that I purchased used two years ago. I guess I am lucky , but no problems at all. I have done five dives without changing batteries on Bonaire.

I have not used them since Coz in April and the batteries will still fire and recharge in the normal time. I wonder if the problem is limited to certain production runs?

Herb...

Yes indeed...you're indeed very lucky.

Interesting, I have dual YS-01's with hundreds of dives, thousands of miles, with no issues.

My wifes just crapped out on hers right at a year old and maybe 50 dives? Hers would just turn on, the strobe bulb would light like it was flashing only it would burn constant. Then it developed a very audible clicking noise. To solve the clicking and to cut the strobe off she removed the batteries only for the strobe not to energize at all after that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom