Sea & Sea 2G Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bri-Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased 2 batteries from B&H for my Sea & Sea 2G. After charging the batteries I put them both in the camera and the camera will not power up. I tested both batteries and get 4.1V and I also confirmed the camera will power up using 2 AAA batteries. I don't have the original battery anymore because it did not last very long at all and using AAA batteries for more than a dozen shots with the flash is almost impossible.

I have looked at other sites and everyone seems to be selling the same 3.7V 1250mAh that can be used in both the 1G and 2G. Looking at the 2G it says that the requirements are 3.8V @ 1.9W.

B&H - Battery

Has anyone else experienced this, do I have the correct battery? I am putting the battery in correctly according to the manual (+/- points towards the lens side and up into the camera pointing towards the power button).

Thanks for any assistance.

That is the correct battery (but way too expensive!). I use unbranded batteries from eBay DB 60 DB60 Battery FOR Ricoh Caplio R3 R4 R5 R30 R40 GX100 GX200 G600 | eBay

You are inserting it properly - you can not actually put it in wrong as there are mechanical indents on the battery.

Since you are having issues with both batteries, I would check the battery contacts in the camera. You may have bent one of them somehow. I once had an intermittent power issue that i traced to a bent contact. I believe the aaa use different contacts, so they can work while the other battery does not.

Thanks Giffenk,

I tried some cheep batteries before and they died rather quickly so that was the reason why I was going this route.

You are correct about the bent pins, although I have no clue on how they would be bent. It wasn't obvious but I did move the pins and battery around a bit and got it to come on. It dies as soon as I try to close the lid and the flash will not even fire so I am not sure what the deal is with it.

Haven't got to us it on that man dives, just feel like I wasted a lot of money.....

Back
Top Bottom