Is the "DS-0TTl II" sync interface an open standard (Used by Sea&Sea YS-D1 Strobes)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IanFinlay

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have 2 x Sea&Sea YS-D1 Strobes, 2 x optical sync cords left over from previous camera systems,
and I am looking to buy an Ikelite 6970.01 housing for my Canon EOS 100D (I like to compact size for the way I like to travel)

Help:
I am trying work out the TTL sync options between the two but it is not proving easy to get a solution

I would effectively like to replicate the RDX Canon Housing Solution which inserts the 'YS Converter\C' to drive the YS-D1\YS-01\.. strobes via optiocal Sync using "DS-TTL II"

[YS-D1] <=>[Optical Cord] <=> [YS Converter\C] <=> [CANON 100D]

but there isn't a 'generic' converter out there that does this! :shakehead:

I can easily knock up a PCB electronics and some micro controller code if only I knew what the 'DS TTL II' signal specifications and data protocol are for both on the canon hotshoe and YS-D1 optical interafces

Any help or guidance appreciated

PS: My current default in manual mode triggering, so I am really after solutions and advise that support the TTL features, thanks in adv.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom