DX2G - Copyright on photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasprout

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the copyright that shows up on the metadata on the DX2G? Right now my photos show "(C) by SEA&SEA 2G USER". I would like to change to my name.

Thanks

I have a DX2G - but I don't see any way to adjust that Metadata setting on the camera.

You can edit the Metadata after the fact with third party tools. I'm using a Mac - so I downloaded ExifTool.

I took the raw DNG file (M0010164.DNG) and viewed the Copyright info by executing the following command:
>exiftool -copyright M0010164.DNG

The following was displayed:

>Copyright : (C) by SEA&SEA 2G USER

The following command updates the Metadata to the Copyright message of my choice:

>exiftool -copyright='(c) by Bjorn Loftis' M0010164.DNG

Subsequently - I viewed the metadata using the exiftool - copyright command - and saw the following:

>Copyright : (c) by Bjorn Loftis

This is a command line tool. It can be used in a script to change the metadata on a library of photos - but as a command line tool - it has a bit of a learning curve. You might find other tools to be more user friendly.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom