Warning about RDX-650 and Sea & Sea service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roflamingo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Last year I purchased an RDX-650D housing for my Canon T5i. This housing leaked and I lost a camera body. This was on a Cocos trip.

I thought the cause of the leak was perhaps something I had done wrong, so I replaced the body and went on another liveaboard dive trip to Turks. Again, the housing leaked and I sent the housing to where I bought it. In turn they sent the housing to their Service Depot who assessed that the housing was faulty from manufacturing fault.

It has been 5 weeks since I have been waiting on Sea & Sea and their channel partners to make this situation correct by either replacing with a brand new, tested RDX-650 housing or to cash refund all of the S&S equipment I have purchased.

I have 2 had liveaboard trips ruined, a camera body destroyed by water, and am still waiting for Sea and Sea to properly address this situation.

Is Sea&Sea still in contact with you? Have they told you what they plan on doing to fix this? At least they took it back. GoPro is still giving my BS about how many SD cards I've tried...

I shipped the housing, dome port, flat port, extension ring etc. to the camera store I bought it from in California. They in turn tested it, confirmed it leaks, and they forwarded it to Sea & Sea's service facility, Pacific Housing Repair, who have confirmed the housing leak is caused by manufacturer's defect.

I'm still waiting for Sea & Sea to contact either me or the camera store to address this.

Sorry about your Go-Pro issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom