E-PL1 and 110a DS-TTL out of sync

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basileus

Registered
Reaction score
Being in a doubt what topic is more suitable for my fist posing on a board, decided to drop in here as a separate thread.
My question (=problem) is about 110a DS-TTL sync with PT-EP01 via optical cord.
And as far as I understand my problem is not unique and it is a “out of sync” problem. DS-TTL is not working.
Unlike a many people who suffer the same issue, I can provide a diagram of light output of camera strobe and
Sea & Sea strobe.

ss1.png

ss3.png
graph on the up (of each image) is a S&S output TTL - slave full output, graph below – E-PL1 strobe. Forced flash.
Unfortunately, here in Russia I have no official S&S support, so I cant use an official service. Suspect
some strobe malfunction, or E-PL1 is not compatible with 110a in fact.
Comments and/or advices, especially from Sea&Sea reps would be much appreciated.
Vasily

hi Vasily

I have used the YS-110a with the E-PL1 in TTL mode and it worked well. Do you have the E-PL1 on "fill flash" mode? - Scott

Hi BluewaterPhoto,
yes in fill flash. As it required by S&S. The only FO cord is homemade from toslink cable. Works well in manual, even on 1/64. Waht camera firmware on your PL1? I've tested both 1.1 and 1.2.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom