Sea & Sea USA out of business right? Who is the new US distributor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldPlop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am very concerned, and now convinced that Sea & Sea USA are out of business and maybe already shut down, leaving warranty claims unresolved?

I already had a thread here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sea-sea/446042-sea-sea-customer-service-disaster.html

To summarize, I bought two YS-01 strobes from the US, one started draining batteries when off just days after purchase, eventually sent it for replacement after several attempts to contact S&S. Now the one they replaced it with has the same fault.

Sea and Sea USA just won't reply back. So far I tried:

• 3 emails to ChristianV at Tusa. no reply.

• 2 Facebook messages. no reply

• 1 tweet. no reply

• called +1 877-973-2732 from Skype (i'm overseas). no reply (maybe called at wrong times?)

• sent email to service@seaandsea.com but got: "This is the mail system at host c9mailgw40.amadis.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below."

• Tried to fill in their online contact form and got this error: "Server Error in '/' Application
'HtmlSelect' does not support the InnerText property.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code."

I think I've exhausted all options to reach Sea and Sea have I?

To me this indicates that Sea and Sea are not attending emails, phone and website, completely unreachable and probably shut down their business leaving my warranty claim of the defective product these sold me, twice, high and dry.

Take this as a heads up for those considering buying any Sea and Sea products.

If anyone has an idea who may be the new Sea and Sea distributor in the USA and how I can resolve my pending warranty claims I would appreciate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom